SHIP HIDES TO: If you have any questions feel free to contact us (863)655-1600
SEBRING CUSTOM TANNING
429 WEBSTER TURN DRIVE
SEBRING, FL 33870
IMPORTANT - PLEASE INSERT NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE # AND INSTRUCTIONS INSIDE ALL PACKAGES.
1. Hides will spoil faster than meat, so care should be taken in preserving your hides to the best of your ability. "How your hide turns out will be determined by your efforts." For this reason, hair-on hides are not guaranteed. But every effort will be taken on our part to do the best possible job. Quality and service are foremost in our minds and repeat business is our mainstay.
2. After skinning your animal, your skin should be laid flat and salted thoroughly on the flesh side. Enough salt to cover entire hide thoroughly. Don't skimp! They should be left in this state for 5 days for deer and 10 days for cow hides, so they may drain properly.
3. After step #2 - you should shake the wet salt from the skin, then lightly resalt it, roll up and place inside a plastic bag secured tightly. This bag should be placed in another bag, tightly secured, then placed in a box and shipped to us.
4. Your skins will be shipped back to you C.O.D. unless otherwise specified. Please allow 20 weeks or longer for processing. *You may expect to receive your same hides back that were shipped to us.
5. Be sure to mark hides HAIR ON or HAIR OFF.
THINGS TO REMEMBER
1. SKINNING HIDES:
Skinning animals should be done as soon as possible, that makes the job easier.
Best to pry and pull the hide off after you have started. Careless skinning and overuse of a knife spoils many good hides.
Unseen "Butcher Cuts" in the hide during skinning can lead to weak spots and possible tear-outs during tanning process.
2. HAIR ON DEER SKINS:
Be sure and de-bone tail.
3. CURING COWHIDE AND BUFFALO HIDES:
Cowhide and Buffalo salting procedure is the same as deer skins except:
Apply at least 50 pounds of salt for a 50 pound hide and 100 pounds of salt for a 100 pound hide.
--Grade C rock salt bought from your local feed store is excellent.
Proceed as instructed per deer skin #2.
4. FROZEN HIDES:
Hides can NOT be shipped frozen. They must be thawed and salt cured, follow #3.